Tuesday, August 14, 2012

DTC!!!!!!!!- updated my DTC update with new pics.. go look

YES Lord we are DTC as of 8/1/2012!!! Finally some forward progress, but I have been hesitant to write this blog post as we are honestly on thin ice with our paperwork. China changed requirements and now to re-use your dossier you have to have your paperwork (that we just sent) logged in China within one year of your Gotcha day for the child you brought home. Luke has been home almost 19 months now so we are NO way in that time frame. When we first decided to re-use Luke's paperwork to bring home Elias the ruling was you had to have your new child locked in (matched with  a PA) within one year of Gotcha day... we did that.. we were fine there. But now with the new change we certainly don't qualify. Our agency is fighting hard for us and our paperwork is in China.. but will it sit there for a LONG time and then they reject it (has happened to some recently)... we don't know... Normally after you are DTC you get what is called LID ( a logged in date.. the day that China logged in your dossier to the system.. very important date as it starts the count down for just about everything..) many recently that were DTC before or after me have gotten their LID within a few days of DTC.. we are 2 weeks now and no word.. I do know that sometimes you just dont  hear you get your LID.. so that could be the case....Praying for all kinds of mountains to be moved right now. Funny as I type this I have my spotify playing in the background and it is on shuffle for my worship music and the song playing is "God is Able by Hillsong." interesting choice...I know He is but there are moments when I am too frazzled to remember that.. Gotta get some more prayer time in!

On another note we have again asked for an update on Elias. All of my official paperwork on him is almost 3 years old, my pics are almost 3 years old. Other then the few pics that my friend Lori got for me when she traveled to get her daughter (God bless her for doing that!!!)  But all my official stuff is ancient, he was not even in the school for the Deaf at my last update and he is heading into his 3rd year there. Hoping we get one soon! Cant wait to see what he looks like, figure out how tall he is.. his weight.. ( I am thinking they have changed in the last 3 years!) and praying he is signing Chinese Sign Language like a pro!!!!

We are seeing forward progress with our adoption finally... it just come with the "this might not really be forward progress if you have to compile a whole new dossier disclaimer" Praying and Praying through this part of the process! I will tell you one thing. Adoption is SO not easy... Don't let anyone fool you into thinking it is.. BUT it is SOOOOOO worth it... We are  now 10 months into the process of getting Elias and had expected to be heading home or heading to get him about now.. We are still not sure where we stand in this process, BUT I do know where my GOD stands and I know HE has this in control. He knows the exact moment that we will travel and all of the details are already worked out. That gives me some peace. I dont know how some get through this process without Faith.. I would be in a mental ward without my God holding me up right now hahah. So excited to be moving forward!


Just to remind myself along this road that God is Able!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                            God will bring Elias home!

I have to add this to my blog update as we JUST and I mean minutes ago got new pics of our gorgeous Elias!!!! and new measurements! The new measurements have him almost at 4'1" and about 50 lbs.. I know measurements tend to be off. That makes him about 7 1/2 inches shorter than Tommy who is about 7 1/2' inches shorter then Luke haha. So Luke will tower over Elias!!
here he is ENJOY!!!!!



He is totally stunning! Cannot wait to see his face in person and kiss and hug him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Dear Tracy,

    Just received your link from the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Facebook group. First, let me say, Elias is absolutely gorgeous!! I could look into those eyes all day :) I also jumped over to Luke's page and my goodness you have quite a "looker" in that young man also. As a matter-of-fact, you have a beautiful family, with each of your four, soon to be five children absolutely gorgeous! You must be so proud. I am so happy for both boys to have found a family such as yours - what an awesome match. With your husband being Deaf and yourself an Interpreter, I am assumming your hearing children are also bi-lingual with spoken and sign language... those boys are so fortunate to become part of this "perfect" family. I don't even know the boys, but am personally so grateful you have found eachother. I so wish there were more families like yours, or families with two Deaf parents to be bringing home more Deaf children in need of a family. I too am a Sign Language Interpreter (in Canada), although haven't been interpreting since bringing home our first daughter from China in 2005. I too would have loved to have brought home a Deaf child, however having a hearing husband who is not knowledgable in Sign Language, or the Deaf community, our family would have been less than optimal for making that choice. In 2009 we brought home our second daughter who is Hard of Hearing with a moderate to severe conductive loss (hence the reason I am part of the Deaf/HH Facebook group). Prior to her being fitted with a sound processor (hearing aid), it was very much like she was deaf and the communication difficulties in the beginning were very difficult even with my SL and her introduction to SL. On the other hand, my nephew (who has been like a little brother) is profoundly Deaf and now 37 years old with ASL being his native language. I can attest to the difficulties of a Deaf child growing up in a fully hearing family and even the isolation he feels at family events today. Knowing this makes me just that much happier for Luke and Elias and so very thankful to God above. May your travelto Elias and your return home be happy and safe. I will pray for an easy transition for both Elias and your family. God Bless and Take Care. Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one word Tracy - HOORAH!!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How handsome is he! Praying your journey will go on God's timing and nothing hinders you! We are alittle behind you. We are still waiting on I800A. :)

    Charmon
    http://charmallen99.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elias

    My name is Jenna. You are a brave courageous fighter. you are a special miracle from god, a gift from above, earthly angel,and you are a smilen hero. You are full of happiness, life, smiles, joy, fun,love, and spunk.

    Your dad is an inspiration, and a hero in life too.

    I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and have 14 other medical conditions, and developmental delays.

    I wrote this poem

    Each of us are Special

    Each of us different,

    No one is the same

    Each of are us are unique in our own way,

    Those of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.

    Those who of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.

    It doesn't matter what others say

    we are special anyway.

    What is forty feet and sings? the school chior
    http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracy,

    I have an adoption fundraising idea I'd like to share with you. Could you email me at mlee@coupaide.com?

    Thanks!

    Matthew Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEAH!! DTC!!!! That is a major step. CONGRATS!!! I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am your newest follower!! I'm excited to share your journey.

    Amy
    www.1001tears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete